Welcome to Friday’s For The Love of Food, Summer Tomato’s weekly link roundup.
Just a heads up that this will be my last FTLOF post for a couple of months, as I’m going back on maternity leave. You can keep up with the baby rosebuds on Instagram @daryarose.
This week decide earlier to make healthier choices, more adults getting food allergies, and what “natural flavors” really means.
Next week’s Mindful Meal Challenge will start again on Monday. Sign up now to join us!
Too busy to read them all? Try this awesome free speed reading app to read at 300 wpm. So neat!
Links of the week
- Are ‘Natural Flavors’ Really Natural? – Personally I can taste the phoniness of these “natural flavors” from a mile away. Once your palate is acclimated to the flavors of Real Food, it’s nearly impossible to go back. Yuck. (NY Times)
- Looking to choose a healthy post-workout snack? Decide early, study says – THIS. And I believe the best time to decide is as soon as you realized your last effort didn’t turn out as you hoped. Overeat at your lunch meeting? Decide now to have a more satisfying breakfast before work. Skip your morning workout because you were too tired? Decide now to go to sleep half hour earlier to see if it helps. (ScienceDaily)
- Drinking While Pregnant: An Inconvenient Truth – Womp womp. (NY times)
- Montana Ranchers are Kicking Up Dust to Bring Back Country of Origin Labels on Meat – This is very important. (Civil Eats)
- The Practice of Letting Go – Really good advice. (Zen Habits)
- Doctors Surprised by Scope of Adult-Onset Food Allergies – I feel like I’ve noticed this as well. It’s hard not to suspect all the additional environmental toxins and chronic inflammation (from diet and lifestyle) that most of us are exposed to these days. (WSJ)
- Schools in England Introduce a New Subject: Mindfulness – Our kids are going to be so much better at coping with the world than we are. (NY Times)
- Want healthier eating habits? Start with a workout – Healthy habits beget healthy habits. (ScienceDaily)
- Can You Get Too Much Exercise? What the Heart Tells Us – Super interesting. (NY Times)
- There is a reason apps make it so fun to track your health – Good to be aware of what goes on behind the scenes. (The Outline)
You deserve to feel great, look great and LOVE your body
Let me show you how with my FREE starter kit for getting healthy
and losing weight without dieting.
Where should I send your free information?